Are you looking to lose weight? Change diet? Or learn about the different types of food? These are what we talk about in this article.
On this page, you will have access to different types of trending diets, their peculiarities, and get our professional tips.
When we choose a particular type of diet, we are limited in our choices. For example, if you decide to partake in the raw food diet, you will be able to eat only uncooked and unprocessed foods. If you choose the Atkins diet, you will have to eat minimal carbohydrate if you are fruit-eating – only fruits, etc.
Solid knowledge of food, of course, there are things you should not eat if you want to have proper nutrition. But you have to understand the meaning better than eliminate them. I sometimes hear people with little knowledge say that you should not delete anything and eat everything, but unfortunately not. There are real poisons in our Western diet, like in milk, for example.
Know first of all that among the different types of trending diets, some we do not endorse or agree with, such as the hyper protein diet, for example.
These diet types are off our list.
Lists of Different Diets
So here, we are going to detail different types of diets that are trending. These include:
- The omnivore diet, of course, involves eating everything and depriving oneself of nothing.
- Vegetarianism, which consists of not eating meat or fish
- Semi-vegetarianism, which consists of eating everything except red meat
- The lacto-ovo-vegetarian diet, which excludes animal flesh, but allows dairy products and eggs.
- The lactovegetarian diet excludes meat, fish, and eggs, but does include the consumption of dairy products.
- The Ovo-vegetarian diet excludes meat, fish and dairy products, but does include eggs.
- The hyper protein diet, as its name suggests, consists of eating high protein while consuming few calories.
- Veganism is consuming animal products at all (meat, fish, eggs, honey, milk).
- Flexitarianism has the same principle as vegetarianism, but here we will allow ourselves off times, for example, when we are invited by friends to eat meat or fish.
- Raw food eating is eating only natural and uncooked food.
- The Paleolithic diet aims to return food to the way our ancestors before the industrial era and which consists of not eating cereals, dairy products, and industrial products.
- Fruit eaters that only eat fruit.
- The Pescetarian diet is not eating meat but authorizing the consumption of fish or shellfish.
- Sproutarianism is the consumption of only sprouted seeds.
- And many more.
Among these different diets, several can be exciting. We are all different, and some plans will not work from person to person. It will also depend on your goals. If you are in the ambition of gaining weight and muscle, this will be difficult with a fruit-eating diet, for example.
Our Dieting Tips
As noted, some diets can be very unhealthy, such as the high protein diet. A considerable amount of protein is not suitable for health and can even be dangerous. Again, the only way to free yourself from such mistakes is to know. Once acquired, you drastically reduce the errors that you can make by following a diet like this example cited.
Another example is the fruit diet.
Although the fruit-eating diet can be exciting, depending on whether you have a unique pathology or a particular objective, it will not be suitable for most people. Of course, fruits are still the best sugars that the body can assimilate. They are also an essential food for good health, but we do not recommend a fruit-only diet.
For weight loss, we advise you to follow the following proven-to-be-safe diets. Each consists of a little variation; hence, our main tip is to go with what you love the most! Easy as pie!
- The Chrono nutrition diet consists of eating a particular food at a specific time.
- The Atkins diet involves eating very few carbohydrates. In other words, very few sugars.
- The dissociated diet consists of consuming only one food per meal or per day—example: at breakfast only fruit, at midday only fish and in the evening only vegetables. Or on a full day: Monday only fruit, Tuesday only meat, Wednesday only vegetables, etc.
- The lemon diet consists of eating lemon with each meal, in pieces, in seasoning, or juice.
- The alkaline diet consists of eating 70% of so-called basifying food (fruit, vegetables) and 30% of so-called acidic food (meat, dairy, cold meats, etc.)
As you can see, some diets may be easy to follow—others, less—for example, the lemon diet. You can drink or eat lemon with each meal. However, if your diet consists of foods that clog your body, you will never have results.
Hence, this diet type requires a lot more commitment to ensure its success.
Hence, our second tip is a continuation of the first: Choose a single plan that you can follow religiously!
Despite the different types of diets that exist, it remains possible to lose weight without following a diet. In fact, among all these diets, the problem is that once most persons reach their ideal weight, most people stop the food and will gain weight because they eat again like they were eating before starting this diet, which in the end is not very wise.
The ideal is undoubtedly to make a permanent dietary change. Hence, we recommend trying out a few of our diets and stick with what best fits your lifestyle.
Make a dietary change by acquiring first-hand information – try out various diets and stick with the most convenient. Doing this will give you the real keys to help you achieve your goals – whatever they are.