Many of us believe that all diets involve dietary restrictions that can harm the body. Of course, hardly anyone wants to do bad things for themselves.
So what do you do if you want to lose weight? What do you eat to ensure that you are healthy? A healthy diet will help you.
Let’s find out how to lose weight without tormenting the body.
Healthy Diet Requirements
To help lose weight without harming your health, a health-diet (healthy diet) regime is called for. At the same time, it is important to take into account:
- the nutritional value of food;
- the calorie content of food;
- food variety;
- the amount of food;
- the time of food consumption;
- liquid intake.
Nutrition refers to the presence of proteins, carbohydrates, and fats in the diet. It also considers the vitamin composition of the food. Without all this, the body finds it very difficult to work properly and fully.
If there is a lack of one or another component, you can see its effects firsthand – dry skin, brittle nails, hair fading and hair loss, malfunctions of internal organs, and other negative manifestations.
Next is your calorie intake. To determine your correct calorie value, it is important to consider your age, weight, and physical activity.
For an average adult, it is not recommended to consume less than 2200-2500 calorie units per day. If you need to shed a fairly tangible amount of kilograms, no matter your desperation, it is better not to lower the calorie figure below 1500 kcal.
Even if you have a serious excess of weight, this way, you can get rid of 1-2 kilograms weekly. Although, of course, everything is individual.
Drink at least 1.5 liters of clean water per day. In the hot season, it is advisable to drink 2 liters to avoid dehydration, which is a very dangerous condition.
Sufficient fluid intake guarantees healthy skin and hair. It reduces the risk of cardiovascular and other diseases and helps eliminate harmful substances from the body.
Regarding the amount and time of meals, try to adhere to a fractional diet (also called fractional nutrition). The rules of this diet recommend that there are at least five meals a day. Eat smaller portions per time.
However, you should plan your daily schedule to have breakfast in the first hour after waking up, and dinner 3 hours before the end of the day. We recommended the transfer of eating to the earlier hours of the day (the period when we are most active). This way, it is easier to spend most of the calories consumed.
Provide your diet with various foods that contain the maximum amount of nutrients and do not have harmful fats.
Try as much as possible to avoid fast food, high-calorie treats, butter, and alcohol. But lean meat, fish, vegetables, fruits, greens, cereals, and pasta are great!
If you can’t give up flour, eat some rye or whole-grain bread.
Instead of fried foods, try switching to baked, boiled, steam, and other methods that do not undergo aggressive heat treatment.
What can be eaten raw (for example, fruits, and vegetables) is better not to cook. This way, they will retain much more useful components, and you won’t have to spend extra time.
Eat less sugar! If you can, abandon it.
Remember that sugar is often hidden not only in processed foods but also in drinks. You thus have to drink carbonated drinks, packaged juices, etc., less often. Instead of sugar, add a little honey or jam to the diet. It is much more useful.
It is also important to reduce salt intake.
An excess of salt in the diet can lead to hypertension and many other problems. Try not to salt food during cooking, it is better to add a little salt just before eating food. So you definitely do not oversalt the food.
Healthy Diet Menu Here is a weekly healthy diet example:
As for the duration of a healthy diet, according to its rules, you should adhere to it all your life. Health is wealth, so it is advised to follow as diligently as possible.
In any case, when you achieve the desired result, increase the calorie content of the diet to an indicator that allows you neither to lose weight or gain weight.
A healthy diet can be followed by everyone unless a different diet is prescribed for medical reasons.
The Benefits of a Healthy Diet
- After 3-4 weeks following the norms of healthy nutrition, the body will significantly improve, getting rid of substances that it does not need at all.
- Useful components that come with food (following proper menu planning) will provide the body with everything necessary for proper work.
- You can lose weight on a healthy diet correctly and gradually, getting rid of any amount of extra pounds.
- Losing weight is not accompanied by a feeling of hunger.
- No need to purchase any rare and expensive products.
- With a healthy diet, as a rule, overall health improves, insomnia, weakness, fatigue, shortness of breath, and other troubles go away.
Disadvantages of a Healthy Diet
- Of course, when on a healthy diet, you can not do without certain restrictions, and this can be a little discomforting for starters. If you are used to eating harmful foods frequently, at first the new foods will seem fresh and tasteless to you.
- A healthy diet is unlikely to suit people who are chasing fast results. This is because, with lightning speed, it will not work to lose weight.
- It will be necessary to fundamentally change many eating habits.
What do we think?
A healthy diet gives us the opportunity to lose weight slowly, and without the return of our excess weight. This diet is almost harmless and is suitable for every person who does not have underlying health problems.
Start this diet! Stick to it! It’s for the best!