Brushing your dog’s teeth is important for their overall health, and it can be easy to do with the right products. You can make your own dog toothpaste at home with ingredients that are safe for them to consume. Not only will this save you money, but it will also help you avoid any potential harmful chemicals that may be in commercial dog toothpastes.
Why you should brush your dogs teeth
Your dog, like you, needs to brush their teeth on a daily basis to remove plaque and germs. Plaque can lead to tartar buildup, which can cause gum disease and tooth loss. While brushing your dog’s teeth may seem like a daunting task, it is actually quite easy to do with the right products.
There are many benefits to brushing your dog’s teeth, including:
- Reduced tartar and plaque buildup
- Fresher breath
- Less gum disease
- Overall better oral health
Save money by making your own dog toothpaste
You don’t need to spend a lot of money on dog toothpaste – you can easily make your own at home. This homemade dog toothpaste uses ingredients that are safe for dogs to consume, and it will help keep their teeth clean and healthy.
Ingredients to make healthy dog toothpaste
To make your own dog toothpaste, you will need:
- 1/4 cup baking soda
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons hydrogen peroxide
- 1 teaspoon chicken or beef broth
- 1 drop of essential oil (optional)
Mix all of the ingredients together and store in a container with a lid. When you’re ready to brush your dog’s teeth, wet their toothbrush and dip it into the toothpaste. Gently brush their teeth, focusing on the back molars where tartar and plaque tend to build up the most. Rinse their mouth with water when you’re finished.
Brushing your dog’s teeth regularly is an important part of maintaining their oral health. Making your own dog toothpaste is a simple and cost-effective way to do it. Plus, it’s an all-natural way to avoid any potential harmful chemicals that may be in commercial dog toothpastes.
Other recommendations for keeping your dogs teeth and gums healthy
In addition to brushing your dog’s teeth, there are other things you can do to keep their teeth and gums healthy.
- Feed them a healthy diet: A diet rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants helps support overall oral health.
- Give them dental chews: Dental chews help remove plaque and tartar from your dog’s teeth.
- Visit the vet: Schedule regular checkups with your veterinarian to ensure their teeth and gums are healthy.
- Put drops of ROOT Clean slate in their water or food: Learn more about ROOT products here.
Brushing your dog’s teeth is important for their overall health, and is just one of the many things you can do to keep their teeth and gums healthy. Make your own dog toothpaste at home with ingredients that are safe for them, and brush their teeth regularly to maintain their oral health.